Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ani and Brian's Wedding

I think it's sort of silly when women say that they've been dreaming about their daughter's wedding since she was a little girl. But I have to admit I've been giving weddings a lot (and I mean a lot!) of thought since we recently found that Ani and Brian will be getting married in February! There's a lot of joy in seeing my sister stitch up Ani's wedding dress, watching Ani and Brian design her ring, planning a wonderful meal to serve so many people we love who will celebrate with us. But the dearest part of it all is imagining the vows that will be spoken in that old brick church, the commitments that will be made on that day, the new home Ani and Brian will form together. I'm so very thankful for the joy that is ahead for them. God is good.

No comments: