Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thanksgiving

We're having a curious junxtaposition here in Brea of Thanksgiving coming and the fires burning across the hills. The hot topic is what you would "save" if you had to load up your car to evacuate-- I'd for sure grab my two books of collected recipes. How would I locate those 35 years of good food again?! And it makes you look around your house and see all the material things you value. I'm suddenly more thankful for our dining table, for the momentos of trips taken, for books I loved reading to my kids. And that leads to thoughts of thankfulness for my children, whom I adore, for darling Jodi and the 2 grand-girls, for our parents still healthy and nearby. I'm thankful we have so many very dear friends we love and can truly respect, people we share our lives with. In spite of the first year with no "Thankful Heart Chart" on the fridge (Where are you Laurel?), I find myself with a overflowing thankful heart. God is good.

And to also celebrate good eating at Thanksgiving, I have to add my new yumtious recipe:

PUMPKIN TIRAMISU

1 1/2 cups whipped cream
3/4 cup sugar
8 oz. marscapone (or cream) cheese
15 oz. can of pumpkin
1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
6 oz. box of ladyfingers
2 tab of amaretto
2 oz. crushed amaretto cookies

Whip the cream well. In another bowl, mix the sugar, cheese, pumpkin & spice. Fold it all together. In a 9" springform or cake pan layer 1/2 of the ladyfingers. Sprinkle with amaretto. top with pumpkin filling. Repeat. Sift pumpkin pie spice on top for color and top it all with the crushed cookies. Refrigerate overnight.

This is super delicious--how could you go wrong with all that whipped cream! gobble. gobble. gobble.

1 comment:

lokate said...

we have a thankful heart chart in our apartment!