Friday, March 6, 2009

Lynwood



Last month Lulu, my mom and I spent a sunny Sunday afternoon up and down the streets of Lynwood. We lived there from the time I was 3 til 19. I'd been there before with other companions, but it was more fun seeing it all with mom and Luanne-- so many common memories flooded back and we laughed and had a few serious moments as we toured our old neighborhood, schools, shops, friends streets. A highlight for me was finding our old Lynwood church just about to have their Sunday afternoon service. We slipped inside and sat in the back room as the hispanic service was starting up. So wonderful to see people who love God still worshipping there. We walked around the building, peeking in and stopping to take a photo of Luanne and me on the back steps-- site of past Sunday school group shots! A lovely day together.

No comments: