Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lent

I saw Mary Ann come in to school on Wednesday with ash on her forehead. I had been thinking about Lent ahead but not with a thought for what I could do. So her simple reminder moved me to find my own offering of Lent. Maybe it sounds silly, but I am not reading books, or checking my computer (normally the first conscious act of each morning!) until I have read my Bible and prayed. So many mornings I intend to read & pray, but it gets brushed aside in the rush of getting to school. So for these days I am being faithful, in the way my Lord is eternally faithful to all of us. And I've received a blessing already. I read "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope" Romans 15:4. God's word giving hope. Just what I need. Thank you Lord. And thank you for the Passion of our Lord which is what we are anticipating in these days. Amen.

No comments: