Wednesday, December 22, 2010

FUDGE

I know. I know. Everyone thinks their fudge recipe is the best fudge ever. Maybe that's because they haven't tasted my fudge recipe! I've been making it and overeating it every Christmas since I've had teeth. I remember it as one of my father's few culinary skills. So give it a try. I also have a strong opinion about the necessity of walnuts in the recipe (for all you no nut fudge eaters). Delish!

FUDGE

In a heavy pan mix: 2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
11 marshmallows
1 tsp. vanilla

Cook it all 6 more minutes after it starts simmering, stirring it the whole time so it doesn't stick to the pan. Then take if off of the heat and add:

1/4 lb. margarine or butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Mix until blended. Pour it all into a 9" square pan that has been buttered. Refrigerate. Wait as long as you can resist to cut the first piece so the fudge can harden.

This just tastes like Christmas to me.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: