Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ready for Christmas

I have to admit, I have come into this Christmas season with less than my normal enthusiasm. Maybe it is because last year at this time I was elatedly preparing for 2 grand-girls and all of my kids home for Christmas time. What joy! Or maybe it's just that Christmas shopping is not quite so fun when you are watching you pennies. Or could be the phone call last week to find out Aaron and Jessica can't make it home for Christmas.

After a few days of pouting, I had a thought. Perhaps like peeling back the layers of an onion, this is God's way of peeling back all the things I think I need to make a Christmas. Maybe I should remember to be thankful for God's enormous gift of our savior and hope, real hope.

Don't misunderstand. I've still got the tree up and a list of cookies to bake, presents to wrap and a bright painted sign to welcome home our Ani, Brian & Laurel. But I'm hopeful, I have a more tender heart to God's great, glorious gift. God is good.

No comments: