Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time

Take your time. Time waits for no man. Good times! One day at a time. A stitch in time saves nine. Time after time. Kill some time. Just in time. Time heals all wounds. Can't stop the hands of time.

Hitting your 59h birthday can make you think about time, all right. Just like my favorite house cleaning rock song declares-- "Time is ticking away!" 59 years of my "ticks" are gone. How much time is left? I want to "number my days" in the best sort of way. Sure, I want to spend the time stretched out ahead this summer with some house fix-it-up projects, and lazily reading through a novel or two. But from this perspective, spending the time I have with my God and the people he has given me seems a good use of my time-- spending time on things that are eternal.

"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent." --Carl Sandburg


No comments: