Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Goals 2011

So I sat in our last teachers meeting, listening intently I assure you, (I'm pretty certain my principal will never read this blog) and wrote out my list of "Summer Goals." Ten glorious weeks of unfettered hours, long lazy days of dilly dallying over breakfast, puttering around the house aimlessly, reading under the maple tree... Forget all that. I have totally once again filled up my schedule with my annual LIST! But I have to admit it all sounds like big fun. Here it is:

SUMMER GOALS 2011
#1. Read 10 books (and I have got some great ones on the stack! new Tim Keller, David Lebovitz, An Chi Min Pearl Buck biography...)
#2. Blog twice a week
#3. Have friends over for a meal once a week --breakfast, lunch or dinner.
#4. Meet and pray/walk/eat breakfast with Debbie and Jackie every Tuesday morning
#5. Finish two quilts-- For AA & J's wedding and for new baby Sittig
#6. Attack my (other!) list of house projects --starting with the family room redo.
#7. Buy & wrap the Christmas gifts for the Shanghai family.
#8. Plan & do as much as I can for a post wedding party for Aaron & Jessica (after the wedding we'll have the adorable grand-girls here so have to plan ahead)
#9. Three Bible study friends events & once MOPS girls dinner
#10. WALK- Monday with Diane
Tuesday with Jackie
Wednesday --walk and bagels with Mom and Lu
Thursday with Shawna
Saturday with Jenny
#11. Go see the kids in SF... twice
#12. Mom's Super birthday weekend with the fam--give her the time of her life!
#13. Visit my school kids and invite them to VBS --plan, prep, teach VBS
#14. Change rooms at school (waiting to hear on that one)
#15. Spend a long reading weekend at Big Bear with Larry

So that's it--my summer. Sound full and a bit frenetic but also full of fun. So far we've eaten spaghetti under the maple tree with friends (new fresh recipe-delish) and in ten minutes I'm "hooking to the sewing machine" (as my grandma would say) and sewing up a quilt top. Summer--looks like it's going to be a good one.


1 comment:

Shawna said...

What a great list! I am constantly amazed by how much time for family, friends, and fun you pack into each day. You are an inspiration!