Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lonely

If you were alive in the 70's (and a lot of people I know and love weren't!), you may remember "The Ungame." Players moved along a simple game board and drew cards to answer questions about themselves. I remember responding to the card asking, "When are you lonely?" I had to think a bit on that one. I guess coming from a family of four kids and being at school and church several times a week, my life had been full of people. I honestly couldn't remember a lonely time.
I will say that our first couple years in Spain, I never felt alone, but did long for someone who knew me well. And in my 50's I don't have time for lonely days. Although to be honest I miss my kids spread far and wide. But people are there for the "friending," not just on facebook. I'm ever thankful for old friends like Jenon and Lulu and new ones like my MOPS girls. Being rich in people is a true measure of riches.

No comments: