Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Morning in Palm Springs

Yesterday morning, google maps in hand, I drove out to Palm Springs to meet up with Aaron. He was there at the hotel where he and Jessica will have their wedding in the fall so he could meet with the planners/designers. I can't remember when I've had a better time with old AA--fun talk with the design guys over pancakes, a tour of the hotel and AA's descriptions of the wedding details I'd been waiting to hear, a little window shopping downtown and good conversation about his work and plans ahead, even a surprise phone chat with Jessica. It's hard to say just how much a morning alone with one of your kids is worth-- it's a treasure. I've known this old Aaron for a long time now, through lots of ages & stages and this new, improved 30 year old version of our Aaron is the best one yet.

No comments: