Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potato Chips

Last night Larry and I celebrated our 36h anniversary over hot potato chips. That may sound a little odd, but they were nostalgic and amazingly delicious. We have a history of hot potato chips. In a small plaza near our first home in Spain, every evening the potato chip man served up hot chips straight from the oil from his little kiosk. We would walk down, kids in tow, and buy a kilo of chips. That teamed up with a chicken roasted in white wine from the tiny chicken shop on the plaza and a big green salad made a memorable meal.
36 years together leaves you with a lot of memories. Some of the sweetest (and hardest) ones were those first years in Spain. Meals with Spanish friends, wandering cobbled streets of Seville, adding 2 sweet girls to the family and those chips!! --all dear memories. I'm glad I share them with my best friend, my Larry.

No comments: